When we choose a flat to buy, we usually spend all our time in assessing the features of that flat and the project. But we should also pay some attention to the neighborhood and see what amenities are missing or inadequate. Here are a few things you should check out.
- Infrastructure – The approach roads to your locality as well as the roads in and around the area make a big impact. Your relatives wouldn’t like to visit you often if the road leading to your locality if full of potholes. A potential buyer will never be willing to buy at a reasonable price if the infrastructure is unsatisfactory.
- Markets – The flat should be in an area where articles of daily use, like vegetables, fish or groceries are easily available, and also for special purchases, some bigger shops or malls are within easy reach.
- Education – If you are buying flats in Kottayam, for example, then the flat shouldn’t be too far off from good schools or colleges, so that the children do not waste a lot of their time traveling to and from school every day.
- Work – Kochi has more than a hundred IT companies now, and there are offices all over the city. But when you are considering flats in Kochi, you must assess which area has most of the offices, and how far your flat is from those areas.
- Hospitals – Your living space should be near to hospitals to meet the medical emergencies. Even though hospital is not a day to day need but proximity to hospitals can save your life in case of emergency